Thursday, August 20, 2009

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy



MTV World Stage Live was fureeking aweeeesome !
Never-ending 'thank you(s)' to Simon Liew for generously giving me the tickets! Not to mention the eye-mo too.

went with Jue and Darren. Darren was super wood and shy. He raised up his hand when wanting to speak. HAHA. and it was only the 3 of us.


Anywayyy, lined up at 1. Registration started at 3.30. Fuuhhh. Got a sunburn I really didn't need. Jue and I ran in after registration to get ourselves nice spots. She nearly tripped over a small boyy on the way. HAHAH. & that didn't stop her.



managed to get quite a good place afterall :D


amazing how she was the one who was taking the picture and she snapped when she was halfway talking




Pre-show was lame (I'm sorry). Some M'sian MJ-wanna be kid (''rising star'' they say) was lip- sync-ing to his own song. But since it's the month of August and you know the whole Merdeka spirit and yadida, I'm gonna be a supportive and give him credits for having the guts to dance on stage. Estranged was opening act. Didn't know any of their songs but as a rock band, they were rather good, I'd say. Good rock vocals.


and then and then and then


BOY LIKE GIRLS *hyperventilates*
RAYGUN
HOOBASTANK
PIXIE LOTT
ALL AMERICAN REJECTS




They're the reason of my very soared throat. but they're damn worth it!

Oh and no, I didn't forget Kasabian. It's just that I've never really heard their music so I'm not really a fan. But Jue and I fan-screamed anyway. Oh and some Malay dude was dancing behind Darren during Kasabian and his long flinging hair was sweeping Darren's neck the whole damn time. and of course, Darren just stood there. HAHA.


Whole thing ended about 12 plus. Oh and I saw Andrea(who managed to see the bands upclose and personal in the hotel lobby! ROAR), Benedict, Benjamin, Goh Keng Yu & Quay Jian Wen. All primary friends.

Day ended with supper with Ad and his friends. Ad got BLG's guitar PICCCKK! and Kevin got one of the drumsticks. Benedict got the MTV T-shirt. Bladyy laa. Mosh pitters are so damn luckky. pffft.


Summarayyyy

Favourite Band : Boys Like Girls!
Favourite Individual : Raygun's bassist, BENNY! (Jue's agreeing with me on this). VJ Utt comes in second :D
Favourite Moment : When Doug Robb pointed at the crowd and said ''You guys are ridiculous''
Most Unexpected :
1. When Martin Johnson climbed the sides.
2. When Hoobastank covered Ghostbuster's theme song.
3. When I got tapped at the back and turned to see Ad's face behind me (: ♥


Oh and here's a video of Hoobastank's cover of Ghostbuster's theme songg. Randomly got it from youtube.








Peace out y'all
uh oh uh oh!


No comments:

Post a Comment