Sunday, February 13, 2011

Remembering Sunday


Glimpse of my CNY this year :)

Wah Loong, Kampar

I know you can't tell, but that bubble thing is suppose to be a face
the upper 2 being the eyes and the distorted one below being the mouth.
it does look a lil creepy, I know, but I didn't have the heart to break it to her :/
she seemed pretty contented with the monstrous bubble anyway.

she burst the poor fella.

Dinner on the eve of new year.

girls dominate here.

I ran out of things to take.

my dad's family, once upon a time when they were kids.
He's the eldest, wearing the red retro shirt.
Never got to meet my grandfather :/


Lumut
I absolutely love the country life here.

My dad in desperation of a bolster.

so nearly everytime we go back, we go shellfish-digging when the tide's low.
observe :)
random picture. I don't know the girl.

Picture's a lil overexposed :/
but anyway, yeah, that's how we dig for shell fish.


Is it me or does this picture create a caveman impression.
uugah.

the catch at the end of the day :)
when the tide's high, the water will reach the pavement here.

say hello to Mr. I'm-not-coming-out-of-my-shell.

I dragged him to help me clean the pond.

the area right behind the house.
it used to be a nice slope but now the hill's cut, thanks to the stupid quarry.
monkeys and wild boars used to come down every once in a while, they still do sometimes.
monkeys come for the fruits on the trees, but I'm not sure why wild boars visit.

playing with firecrackers at the cut of the hill.

yes, he's king of the jungle.
He refuses to accept the fact that he still can't win me in an arm wrestling match.

it kinda looks like I've got leaves growing out of the top of my head.

you can see them running from the firecracker they just lit :)



my cousin giving it a go at our stone throwing competition.
I was embarassingly bad at it.

the view from the cut of the hill.
the house is at where the green starts.

we hiked up the hill.
I took this from the top of the cut.

So yeah, that's basically how my CNY went.
I'd say I used to enjoy CNY much more, probably because of the 'change of era'.
Like we used to play with sand and whatever simple things had to offer, creating lame games and all, but now everyone's with their laptops and psp's.
Back then, I can bribe my cousin with some sweets, now I've gota bribe with either the psp or my phone.

technology can be a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment