Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I was Made for Sunny Days

So the snow has allowed me to build two snowmen this winter season. I present you my (joined effort with my friends of course) masterpieces.

Yeah, they actually kind look a lil creepy don't they.. 
I built these two snowmen with 2 different group of friends but I'm not quite sure why both groups insisted on the snowmen having boobs. I insisted on the snowmen having butts, which unfortunately possess no traces of visual proof :( I built fantastic glorious snowbutts, if I may say so.

But it's finally spring now! As much ''fun''(barely any) as I had, I'm glad winter is over and the snow is melting.
I certainly don't miss having to walk through this

----------------------------------

So 2 weeks of spring break has passed.
I spent the first week in Manistique, Michigan with Habitat for Humanity, which for a while, felt like a silly move cause people usually head to warmer places for spring break and I headed north instead.
But definitely no regrets.
The other students who came on the trip were fantastic people to be spending those 7 days with.
We visited an ice cave which I thought was reallyy cool.
But we also narrowly escaped injury cause this LARGE ice piece (see the missing gap in the middle?) just came CRASHING down and everyone were only a few feet away. 
We left the place immediately.
But what was hilarious was that my friend, Min, was right about to take a picture of me and when she finally counted to ''3'' was also the exact moment the ice fell. And she clicked.
Did she take a photo of the falling ice? No.
But she captured my facial reaction the moment it happened.
This photo became the group's go to photo for laughter. And here it is.
No shame.

Then, I spent 4 days of my second week in Orlando, Florida.
Visited an old school friend, Taoufik, back from the IB days.
And as much as I appreciated his hospitality, I must've forgotten how much of a kid this guy is because at the end of it, I was just mentally exhausted from using up all my tolerance. 
But it was still nice, seeing him again after 2 years. 
We spent the last night at his friend's place in Tampa which turned into a small party - I only finally ''slept'' at 8 in the morning & I had a flight at 11.30am, which I thankfully didn't miss.
Everyone I met that night were soo friendly and they were all international kids - Kazakhstan, Russia, Africa, Nigeria, Morocco, India.

Now school's kicked off to what I expect to be my busiest half-semester yet.
I'mma try be on top of my sh*t but guess we'll see how things turn out. 

I miss the heat. 


1 comment:

  1. Your face made my day.

    And today I found out that I got accepted into a committee for a group project that I really wanted to get into, had an amazing passion fruit/ white chocolate crepe and managed to find Avatar: The Last Airbender TV series on DVD, so that's saying something.

    ReplyDelete