Friday, June 18, 2010

Summertime

& I'm backk! (:


Here's a snippet of my perhentian trip with my family
I absolutely loved the trip ♥
& you'll see why

oh and the pictures are of different quality as some were taken with the DSLR and some with the digital cam


here's my beloved father ♥
he's a character you can't help loving
he does things like applying shampoo on his face, thinking it's body lotion


mum. dad. Uncle Andrew, mum's pet brother


I lovee boat rides :D
it gives me a sense of
absolute peace
most probably the closest I'll be to being perfectly quiet


brotherss


ma & pa (:

my family :)
it's not often we get to take pictures like this
dad works in china
& now my eldest brother's gona leave for UK in a few months :(



i love this picture :)

shared this room with my brothers


Don't be deceived.
My brothers & I didn't get a chance to relax at all
we took our diving license :D
So we spent most of our time having classes with Toon Wuyts, our dive instructor

Toon :)
So yeah, the practical part was awesome cause I ♥ the sea
but then there was also the theory
we got a textbook for that, not a thin one too
had to study about pressure, nitrogen level, parts of the diving gear, maximum depth etc.

Oh & I think it was on the third day,
I was listening to some music while studying
then Eminem's Ass Like That was playing
Only then did it hit me what he meant by
''make my peepee go doink doink doink''
Back then, I always wondered how urine goes doink doink doink.
But well, the puzzle's all solved now



getting briefed about the skill tests we had to perform underwater

yes, I'm strong and mighty :D



second brother before one of our dives

Saw some interesting things
A few stingrays, pufferfishes, (the tail of a swimming) shark, greensea turtle :D, angelfishes, porcupine fish, trivalies, Barracuda, Humphead Parrotfish, Grouper, Boxfish, moray eel, scorpion fish (extremely well blended with the corals)
It's a sad sight though, seeing some of the dead/dying corals :(

me after what I think is our 4th dive

So yeah
we managed to complete our skill test underwater
which included taking our regulator off & finding for it again, taking our mask off, diving without it, yadida
Had to swim for 200 metres & tread water for 10 minutes
the last time I swam was several years ago (I'm excluding the times when I swam in the Bkt Rimau clubhouse, cause the water there is only waist deep. I'm also excluding the times I got pushed into the court 8 pool) so the treading water part wasn't exactly very easy for me

& I've got a short attention span
there was this time, Toon was trying to get me to perform one of the skills, I was busy looking at a nearby fish :/ oh well. that actually happened several times.

Anyway, yeah, we completed the practical part
then sat for the theory exam
& passed :D

So I'm a licensed open water diver now :)

they kept appearing around my room
about 1m long, maybe.

my family with Uncle Andrew, his daughter & niece
Sorry, i'm really bad with names :(


he's real fun to be with :)

Harun, Jyen, Toon
Harun's a dive instructor too

right before leaving the island


♥ Pulau Perhentian

Next stop, advanced open water diver!

No comments:

Post a Comment